#109 Managing Repositories
Update on what happened across the GNOME project in the week from August 11 to August 18.
The low-level core library that forms the basis for projects such as GTK and GNOME.
Philip Withnall announces
macOS CI has been re-enabled for GLib, thanks to some welcome help and support from René de Hesselle
File Shredder v2.0.0 was finally released, the last version being released in October of last year.
- The preferences dialog has been removed.
- File Shredder now uses custom code that is included directly in the source.
Launch all your games
This week, I released Cartridges 2.2!
- RetroArch support has been added, huge thanks to Rilic
- Added the option to automatically clean up uninstalled games on import
- Added the ability to undo an import, just to be safe :)
Check it out on Flathub!
Manage git repositories in Nautilus.
Turtle 0.4 released!
Turtle is a tool to manage git repositories within Nautilus by providing emblems and context menus. For more complex operations it provides specific dialogs, i.e. commit, sync, log, settings, etc.
Version 0.4 marks a huge leap forward in its development: Almost all git operations can now be performed by Turtle in a convenient and graphical way.
Change the look of Adwaita, with ease.
Daudix UFO says
Gradience 0.8.0-beta1 is finally available for download from Flathub Beta! it took a bit longer than we expected, but everything should be good now.
To install it, add
flathub-betaremote and install Gradience from it:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub-beta https://flathub.org/beta-repo/flathub-beta.flatpakrepo
flatpak install flathub-beta com.github.GradienceTeam.Gradience
To run the beta you might need to use this command:
flatpak run --branch=beta com.github.GradienceTeam.Gradience
See previous TWIG update for more info about 0.8.0-beta1
Customize your login screen.
Mazhar Hussain announces
GDM Settings v3.3 was released with fixes for the following two bugs.
- Changing background color didn’t work on GNOME 44
- Background image was broken on widescreen/dual monitor setups with GNOME 44
Matrix messaging app for GNOME written in Rust.
Kévin Commaille announces
Fractal 5.beta2 is out!
Fractal 5.beta2 is the second beta release 🎉 since the rewrite of Fractal to take advantage of GTK 4 and the Matrix Rust SDK, an effort that started in March 2021.
The most visible changes since Fractal 5.beta1 are:
- Editing text messages ✏️
- Logging in with homeservers that don’t support auto-discovery 🧐
- A refactor of the login flow should avoid crashes when going back at any step 🔙
- Sometimes two day dividers 📅 would appear next to each other without messages between them, this is now fixed
Of course, there are a also a lot of less visible changes, notably a lot of refactoring, 🐛 fixes and translations thanks to all our contributors, and our upstream projects.
As the version implies, this is still considered beta stage and might trigger crashes or other bugs 😔 but overall should be pretty stable 👍. It is available to install via Flathub Beta 📦, see the instructions in our README.
A list of blocking issues for the release of version 5 can be found in the Fractal 5 milestone on GitLab. All contributions are welcome!
Manage your personal finances.
Denaro V2023.8.0 is here! This release comes after months of hard work and includes many new features, including graphs!, and many fixes that make Denaro an even better money manager! Read about all the changes below :)
Here’s the full changelog:
- Added graph visuals to the Account view as well as in exported PDFs
- Added tags that can be used with transactions for finer management and filtering
- Thanks @fsobolev
- Added the option to select the entire current month as the date range filter
- Thanks @CoffeeIsLife87 !
- Added reminders for upcoming transactions
- Improved the transaction description suggestion algorithm with fuzzy search
- Fixed an issue where the help button in the import toast was not working
- Fixed an issue where Denaro would crash if an account had incorrect formatted metadata
- Fixed an issue where docs were not available when running Denaro via snap
- Updated translations (Thanks to everyone on Weblate)!
Play Videos/Music with style.
Mazhar Hussain announces
- Daikhan received translation support and has already been translated into Turkish thanks to Sabri Ünal. Translations are done through Hosted Weblate.
- Dropping multiple files into the player window works as expected now. Previously, only the last file would play.
- The app shows a dialog explaining the situation if the user tries to open an unsupported file type e.g. a document or a supported file type (video or audio) with unsupported codec.
The flatpak received support for more codecs but it won’t/can’t be released until the Flathub build bot is fixed.
The following GNOME Circle requirement has been removed “No existing non-profit fiscal sponsor”. It came from an ambiguity in our software policy that is now solved. GNOME Circle developers are welcome to do fundraising how they see fit. Thanks to Sophie (she/her) for raising this issue with the board.
See you next week, and be sure to stop by #thisweek:gnome.org with updates on your own projects!